Software developer – Schiedam, The Netherlands
Together with RH Marine we have set up a collaboration to both aid the Dutch Marine sector but also give Spanish engineers the unique opportunity to get relevant working experience with great benefits. In times of lack of engineers on one hand and lack of fair job opportunities on the other, we are offering an excellent solution.
Are you ready to emerge yourself in a nordic working style where high quality is on top of the list? Do you want to develop yourself and your career quickly while getting fair labor conditions and increasing your chances to other exciting jobs? Then, take a leap and join this great experience.
RH Marine is a leading system integrator and innovator of electrical and automation systems in the maritime industry, and delivers tailored solutions for complex Defence, Safety & Security ships and Yachts.
We support and advise the customer from the design phase through the entire life cycle of the ship. Ensuring safe, sustainable, comfortable and cost efficient continuity of operations for our customers and the operators by integrating smart and cost effective solutions since 1860.
Do you get excited by challenging applications and do you like to take the opportunity to help your colleagues with onboard testing of ships? Then we are looking or you!
We are looking for software developers for our software group, who mainly work on Naval projects. You will get the opportunity to develop yourself in this relatively small team (9 experts). You will be working with innovative programming techniques to make challenging applications and you get the chance to build up international experience on board of ships.
Will you become one of our promising professionals within our software development department? You will work within one of the scrum teams and you will be able to contribute to the expansion of our technological lead. There is also enough room for personal development, such as your knowledge, professionality and skills. If you are open to it, you will be able to work quickly on your career.
- Develop software with a team (Scrum/Agile)
- Collaborate on the development of Damage Control applications for ships with the aid of .NET applications
- Contribute to discussion with the client (Royal Netherlands Navy) and other stake holders
- Writing documentation like Software Requirement Specifications
- Presentation/demonstration of developed functionalities
- Integration of Damage Control applications, from ourselves and with other maritime software suppliers
- Improvement of the software deployment process with tools like Chocolatey
- Development of the automatic testing for software modules
- A university degree in Technical informatics, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or anything related
- You are interested in Maritime systems and subsystems or are willing to learn this
- Experience with programming: .NET, C#, WPF, WCF
- Familiar with Tooling; TFS and MS Visual Studio. Additionally, you are willing to learn Git and MS SQL Server
- Knowledge of the software development method; SCRUM. Familiar with Kanban and MVC/MVVM is an advantage
- Knowledge of Operating Systems; Windows 7/10 and Linux
- Affinity with SCADA and PLC is an advantage
- You are able to write functional design specifications
- You can work independently as well as in a team
- You are client focused and goal driven
- You have problem-solving and good communication skills.
This vacancy is only for exclusive European nationality applicants.
- Excellent working conditions with entusiastic teams
- Market-conform salaries and secundary labor conditions
- worklocation close to the well-known Rotterdam port and excellent transport accesibility
- Pension build-up
You will receive help and guidance in your travel and settlement in the Netherlands by Minds for Innovation. We make sure you are well informed about which things you will need to arrange to have a quick relocation and start at your new job. Within the company you will get a warm welcome by your international colleagues. Our expanding group of placed candidates will also form an “expat” community which will give you a good social start within a new country.
Minds for Innovation is the recruitment partner for this vacancy. For more information regarding recruitment please contact Jolanda de Roo. E: firstname.lastname@example.org, T: + 316 572 913 50.
To apply, please submit:
• a detailed CV
• a motivation letter in PDF file.
Please apply as soon as possible
As one of the first selection steps, you will be invited to participate on our specialised online assessment. If you would like to know more about why we use this and how have set it up, then check out our website.